Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 34

    Thread: Christmas 🎅

    1. #11
      Senior Member BorderlineDownunder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      16,112
      My Mood
      Cool

      Default

      on a lighter note, when my kids were little they used to call him Farmer Chrimmas, and to this day I cant see a picture of him without thinking that.

    2. #12
      Founding Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      london
      Posts
      10,095

      Default

      what new treatments, rethink wanted me to go on ability i said i can remember when depixol was the latest wonder drug and we were all going to lead normal lives on that

      i remember the start of care in the community under thatcher in the 80s, i was in a hostel as one friend put it we were all going to lead notmal lives looked after by the neighbours, they were extreme in their view i could work on drugs etc when i argued it was a symptom to be treated

      Came to london were i had some very extreme reality therapy, heard different story, now i wish i'd never come but stuck here, have more contacts than in brum

    3. #13
      Senior Member BorderlineDownunder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      16,112
      My Mood
      Cool

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by ramboghettouk View Post
      what new treatments, rethink wanted me to go on ability i said i can remember when depixol was the latest wonder drug and we were all going to lead normal lives on that

      i remember the start of care in the community under thatcher in the 80s, i was in a hostel as one friend put it we were all going to lead notmal lives looked after by the neighbours, they were extreme in their view i could work on drugs etc when i argued it was a symptom to be treated

      Came to london were i had some very extreme reality therapy, heard different story, now i wish i'd never come but stuck here, have more contacts than in brum
      there is loads of stuff going on, schizophrenia is basically being viewed as something that needs to be eliminated like leprosy or scurvy.

      downunder they have found a correlation between schizophrenia and vitamin d, much like folate and spina bifida

      some really exciting research is going on.

      remember when AIDs first broke out, it was a Certain Death Sentence, now a lot of folk live HIV positive and never even develop to AIDS.

      research is heavy and ongoing. It wont happen overnight but it is happening trust me. x
      Thanks Coast2 gave thanks for this post.

    4. #14
      Founding Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      london
      Posts
      10,095

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by BorderlineDownunder View Post
      there is loads of stuff going on, schizophrenia is basically being viewed as something that needs to be eliminated like leprosy or scurvy.

      downunder they have found a correlation between schizophrenia and vitamin d, much like folate and spina bifida

      some really exciting research is going on.

      remember when AIDs first broke out, it was a Certain Death Sentence, now a lot of folk live HIV positive and never even develop to AIDS.

      research is heavy and ongoing. It wont happen overnight but it is happening trust me. x
      even assuming they can treat the illlness, and in my time they've claimed that with me, can they treat the stigma label

    5. #15
      Senior Member NicoretteGummed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW England
      Posts
      5,794
      My Mood
      Goofy

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by BorderlineDownunder View Post
      there is loads of stuff going on, schizophrenia is basically being viewed as something that needs to be eliminated like leprosy or scurvy.

      downunder they have found a correlation between schizophrenia and vitamin d, much like folate and spina bifida

      some really exciting research is going on.

      remember when AIDs first broke out, it was a Certain Death Sentence, now a lot of folk live HIV positive and never even develop to AIDS.

      research is heavy and ongoing. It wont happen overnight but it is happening trust me. x
      HIV & AIDS were cured ages ago by gypsy tears.
      The Truth Is Like A Laser And I've Just Been Zapped!!!

      Likes cpuusage liked this post.

    6. #16
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Posts
      283
      My Mood
      Chatty

      Default

      Rambo needs a there you go

    7. #17
      Senior Member BorderlineDownunder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      16,112
      My Mood
      Cool

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by ramboghettouk View Post
      even assuming they can treat the illlness, and in my time they've claimed that with me, can they treat the stigma label
      there used to be massive stigma attached to leprosy, to the point they hung a bell around the sufferers necks.

      Pretty much the one thing i think we're all in agreement with is, Mental Health Treatments have to change, and with the Accerlation of Technology, once this begins it will probably roar forward.

      I knew a girl who lost a baby to SIDS, it used to be a real severe problem where i lived, rarely a year passed you didn't hear of some poor family who lost a baby.

      Then they taught mums to put baby down on their side not their tummies (we used to actually get taught this!) and now no one knows a mum who lost a baby to SIDS.

      Within my adulthood its gone from Common to Almost Never. In front of my eyes.

    8. #18
      Founding Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      london
      Posts
      10,095

      Default

      there are plenty of people who don't accept schitzoprenia is a genetic biochemical illlness controlled by chemicals, theres plenty on this web site what i know is in the 80s 90s when they were mapping the genome it was widely predicted that the gene for this genetic illness would be found, never happened

      as i said i've experienced been deemed cured among other things, when i called the victim support as i had said i was schitzoprenic the women turned up with a cpn, i heard them in the car park,as they left, the women was saying my flat smelt and someone should hear about this the cpn said they said he wasn't schitzoprenic and it's caught up with them

    9. #19
      Senior Member BorderlineDownunder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      16,112
      My Mood
      Cool

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by ramboghettouk View Post
      there are plenty of people who don't accept schitzoprenia is a genetic biochemical illlness controlled by chemicals, theres plenty on this web site what i know is in the 80s 90s when they were mapping the genome it was widely predicted that the gene for this genetic illness would be found, never happened

      as i said i've experienced been deemed cured among other things, when i called the victim support as i had said i was schitzoprenic the women turned up with a cpn, i heard them in the car park,as they left, the women was saying my flat smelt and someone should hear about this the cpn said they said he wasn't schitzoprenic and it's caught up with them
      cutting edge research is indicating a lack of vitamin d during development in the womb

      much like lack of folate resulted in spina bifida.

      Now, they give pregnant mums folate = no spina bifida.

      also, a lot of babies used to die at birth before they discovered it was Vitamin K, began giving shots as routine, the babies stopped dying.

      Imagine if its That Simple.

    10. #20
      Founding Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      london
      Posts
      10,095

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by BorderlineDownunder View Post
      cutting edge research is indicating a lack of vitamin d during development in the womb

      much like lack of folate resulted in spina bifida.

      Now, they give pregnant mums folate = no spina bifida.

      also, a lot of babies used to die at birth before they discovered it was Vitamin K, began giving shots as routine, the babies stopped dying.

      Imagine if its That Simple.
      but it probably isn;t that simple theories have come and gone, as new scientist said the current half life of genetic theories on personality is 6 months, half of theories are disproved every 6 months

      anyway at my age having had the illness so long i have no wish to get better and have my benefits cut, as my brother said when you get to 50 employers don't consider you worth training for a new job
      Last edited by ramboghettouk; 15-12-16 at 22:01.
      Thanks cpuusage gave thanks for this post.
      Likes cpuusage liked this post.

    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •