Thread: My child hears voices

Default My child hears voices

Hi,
      Wondering how to deal with a child who says she hears voices. She says they tell her to do bad things, hurt people and misbehave.
      She is 6yrs old and has just been suspended from school. She kept saying that the voices keep telling her to do things.
      Behaviour at home is normal but at school she distracts everyone and not just in her class. She speaks to herself sometimes and just starts crying. She had said to me that if "she doesn't want mummy to get hurt or die" she has to do something bad and if she doesn't do as the voices want that mummy will die in her sleep.
      My GP has referred us to the Mental Health Unit and they may take up to 6 months to see her.
      Any suggestions on what I may be able to do for now that may help?
      I feel lost and scared to sleep at night
      Hug Coast2, sadgirl, Kerome, Mayflower7, Tonic hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Pensive

It's difficult for children... or even adults. It takes time to develop the resiliency to resist commands and threats by the voices. I think it's best to make clear that the voices don't always tell the literal truth, and that often they say things to try and hurt you.

Perhaps this will help:

Intervoice | Don’t Panic if your Child is Hearing Voices
      People are worried and unhappy in direct proportion to the lack of love in their lives.
      - Osho
      Likes BrianHorlicks, SarahD liked this post.

My Mood
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by Skbpnd View Post
      Hi,
      Wondering how to deal with a child who says she hears voices. She says they tell her to do bad things, hurt people and misbehave.
      She is 6yrs old and has just been suspended from school. She kept saying that the voices keep telling her to do things.
      Behaviour at home is normal but at school she distracts everyone and not just in her class. She speaks to herself sometimes and just starts crying. She had said to me that if "she doesn't want mummy to get hurt or die" she has to do something bad and if she doesn't do as the voices want that mummy will die in her sleep.
      My GP has referred us to the Mental Health Unit and they may take up to 6 months to see her.
      Any suggestions on what I may be able to do for now that may help?
      I feel lost and scared to sleep at night
      Hi,
      I'm really sorry she's going through this, I'm sure you do already. Give her lots of reassurance, teach her to ignore the voices. Keep a diary of when the voices occur, to see what is triggering them.
      Reward her with little things when she's good and ignoring the voices. A very hard situation to be in, I hope you have plenty of family support. She needs an understanding teacher/school, they shouldn't have suspended her.
      She's poorly she's not been naughty.
      I hope the referral is quick as she needs help now, hope she gets better very soon.
      Take care
      Likes Tonic, SarahD liked this post.

Yes, I hope you can teach her to stand up to the voice. My cousins had a child who saw people who were not there. Instead of teaching her to ignore them they drugged her at a young age. I don't know what happened to her as I am not in touch with these cousins anymore. I am not impressed with the drugging of children.
      Little Porcupine Goes to the Psyche Ward - available on Amazon Books
      Hug Kerome hugged this poster.

Call on the name of Jesus. I know the world has down played "God" and so did I.. but after I began hearing spirits day and night and they were out to destroy my life, it took me 7 years to finally realize that I needed to turn to the creator of all things. Jesus was never my thing, I can tell you that.. but after just crying out to him for help; my life has changed so dramatically it is not even funny. You cannot fight spirits without the power of the Holy Spirit. and even if you ask God for his spirit, it still is not by our power but by his that the demons flee at the name of Jesus and only the name of Jesus. there was a time in the new testament where the disciples tried to cast out a spirit and the spirit said "I know who Paul is, I know who Jesus is, but who are you?? and then it started beating up the disciples. They had to run back to the Lord and ask him what happened. In the end; there Faith wasn't strong enough. Please don't take this lightly; if a child is involved, turn to the Lord. And even if I'm wrong (which I am not) nobody will know and you lose nothing for trying. Love ya; I'm here anytime.

... ...
      Last edited by he_reo_ahau; 02-07-17 at 19:02. Reason: Sounding egg-ish

A crime that you ignore! Your mind is not the cause of these abnormal electrical activities in the Auditory Cortex, your hearing of voices is due to a satellite based brain stimulation only. Evidence are in plain sight but people still like to believe that voices are due to mental illness. Don't let your children suffer because of your poor research and following false beliefs of other people. Hope people will wake up!!!

1). “if i needed to get somewhere i did not know the directions to…they would literally lead me there without me having looked at a map…just with them directing me…it is heady stuff…" -http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/thread36344.html

2). "Mine are very very realistic. So realistic they know where to find things when i don't know where to look, who will win the superbowl twice before it happens and one of these times two weeks before it was played, can crack a joke using the time when i had no idea what time it was, and also told me i was schizophrenic in third grade many years before psychosis."- How realistic and convincing are your voices? - DX'd - Other - Schizophrenia Forums

3). "Actually, they can do any voice they want (man, woman, child, God, devil, British guy, Arnold Schwarzenegger, a Mexican, someone I know, etc.). It’s a skill they have that I’ve learned to appreciate, and I find incredibly entertaining.” - 404 Not Found

4). “My voice gathers information from around the globe and gives me heads up months in advance for important events. Sometimes, it can be wrong in its deductions, but most of the time, my voice is right in its look-ahead exercises. He saw the Japanese tsunami of 2011 in his dream, 5 months in advance(this is dream manipulation). He reassured me that we were not in it. Thank God, it was true. I usually see the earthquakes and volcano eruptions.” Basic Information About Voices & Visions

5). “I'm just wondering if this happens to other people? I'm hearing voices but they seem to be talking in some foreign language, nothing I recognise, words and sounds that are unfamiliar. Does this happen to anyone else?".”

“Yes! I would get an Italian/Spanish kinda language speaking but I wouldn't understand any of it, as well as like alien languages". - Do you hear voices speaking foreign languages? - DX'd - Other - Schizophrenia Forums

6). “Actually, they can do any voice they want (man, woman, child, God, devil, British guy, Arnold Schwarzenegger, a Mexican, someone I know, etc.). It’s a skill they have that I’ve learned to appreciate, and I find incredibly entertaining.” - 404 Not Found

https://thestimulatedbrains.wordpres...ice-hearing-2/ - Why this is a crime?