Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you grateful for today?

My Mood
      Sad

Default What are you grateful for today?

When I was keeping a thankfulness journal on a regular basis I felt my mood and frame of mind start to lift and be more positive and hopeful. It is my hope that this thread can be a place for people to share what they are thankful for, and see how others are finding joy in the small things.

Today I am feeling quite depressed, but I managed to get out for a haircut this afternoon. I am thankful for the hair dresser at the walk-in salon, who seemed to sense my mood. She was very gentle with me, and didn't press me to make a lot of conversation. She took her time as she washed my hair, and gave me a nice little scalp massage as well. It was nice to feel taken care of.
      Likes Unloved, mark15 liked this post.
      Hug Pollypop, mark15 hugged this poster.

I'm grateful for good food, spending time with my husband, this forum, and having beach access.
      Maybe we're not meant to be fixed. Our brokenness refracts the Light in more beautiful ways.
      Likes valleygirl, Tonic, Coast2, Pollypop, Unloved liked this post.

My Mood
      Sad

I am thankful for the little girl at my practicum who asked me how I had hurt my back and if I was okay on Friday. It was so sweet that she remembered and cared to ask.
      Likes Tonic, Coast2, Pollypop liked this post.
      Hug Pollypop hugged this poster.

I am just generally thankful i don't have cancer or any other major illness.

I am also thankful Donald Trump never molested me. I mean i've never met him and am a male, but still, it seems like something i should be thankful for.
      Likes Poppy12, Violetsparkle liked this post.

i always grateful to god for giving me this wonderful life
      Likes Coast2, Skilana14 liked this post.

yes sorry for kidding
      for me i am gratful to God, father , mother, my sisters ,my brothers ll my family they keep supporting
      i also wanna say in this occasion
      feel very bored , borly depressed , chaos of ideas in my head and dont know anything
      fear psychosis i am in too much

Grateful that I can go to school.
      Maybe we're not meant to be fixed. Our brokenness refracts the Light in more beautiful ways.
      Likes Tonic, Pollypop liked this post.

ACCOUNT CLOSED
      My Mood
      Sad

My sister and father.
      Likes valleygirl, Tonic, Pollypop liked this post.

My Mood
      Sad

I am very thankful for my practicum sponsor teacher at the preschool where I am doing my practicum. She is AWESOME! I am learning so much from her, and I am learning in the areas that I am weakest in. She is also very caring and understanding of my mental health issues. (I had to have a medical clearance letter from my doctor, and it specifically asked about mental health.) I feel like she is literally a Godsend to me.

I am also thankful for all the sweet little ones at my practicum. I love their enthusiasm and the way they get so excited about the songs I do with them and the visual aids and props I use. I just have so much fun with them. They are all such beautiful, delightful little souls, even the ones who are more "difficult." They say the cutest, funniest most surprising things, and they are so open and accepting. I love all my little friends, and I am going to be so sad when my practicum is over, because I will have to say goodbye to those precious little children I have been getting to know. Dare I say I actually love them?
      Likes Coast2, iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH liked this post.
      Hug Pollypop hugged this poster.

My Mood
      Fine

I'm thankful for so much: dreams, warmth, friendship, optimism, good food, my legs for endlessly carrying me on long runs and, more recently, an actual diagnosis. I have paranoid schizophrenia, something which, in a million years, I never would have considered, but it explains so much about myself. Atm, I am grateful for a nice cup of coffee and fresh air to breath.
      'I'm not my diagnosis. I have good days and bad days, but I'm not contagious. I'm just human'. Patrice Caraway

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast