Thread: Cyclothymia support group

Default Cyclothymia support group

Dear all,

would anyone be interested in establishing a cyclothymia sufferers support network in London?

I know sufferers are all involved in thier personal battles with mood disorders, wrestling with medication, CBT, families and partners. I think there is a notable absence of support for this condition which is poorly understood especially given that sufferers are capable of normal functioning even without medication in some cases. But, we live our private livees surging from one mood to the next. CBT itself has a limited impact on mood changes, except in helping us to understand the things that may drive us from one mood state to another.

i have searched the web for adequate resources and support groups but have found none specific to this condition. I am currently contacting a few local chairirites and groups in London to look at the possibility of establishing a meet-up for cyclothymics. Please feel free to contact me with any ideas you might have.

Please sign up to the cyclothymia and mood disorders group (group12) and open any discussion and post ideas you might have.

best wishes

Jen

Jen, for numpties like me can you please explain how I sign up to mdg (group 12). Cheers. BP2

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/for...php?groupid=12

click on this link and then click join group

I hope that works! I am new to this..

best wishes

Jen

thanks for all your effort i would be interested in attending any support group you could arrange x
      please let me know how you get on

Hi Jen
      I have recently been diagnosed with Cyclothymia and came across your post.
      I live in Bristol but would love to know how you have got on creating a support group in London etc.
      I find it so hard and lonely when people look at me and don't understand why somedays I function like a 'normal' human being then the next minute I don't.
      I know that you will at least understand what i am saying.
      Anyhow it would be great to hear from you.
      I will now have ago at getting on the Group 12 thingy.
      Bye for now

Sarah

My Mood
      Chatty

Welcome to the forum saz!
      This summer, your spine becomes creepy.

Are there any support groups in bristol?
      it really would be nice to find out some tips on how to live a fairly normal life
      i do pretty well most of the time but i am completly hopless in other aspects

Default welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by djpullen View Post
      Are there any support groups in bristol?
      it really would be nice to find out some tips on how to live a fairly normal life
      i do pretty well most of the time but i am completly hopless in other aspects

Hi djpullen, welcome to the group. i've not seen much traffic around here for a while but happy to continue discussions. we have not had much luck with establishing a support group - i think there are possibly not enough people aware of diagnosis or searching on this forum specifically to bring together a group.

for others - to join the group, go to communities on the home page - click 'groups' and you should see cyclothymia and mood disorders listed there.
      Thank,

jenna

Thanks Jenna,

I found your group on internet and will try to sign up for the group 12.

Paul