Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Daily update.

My Mood
      Fine

Quote Originally Posted by burt tomato View Post
      I posted my dx. on Facebook. Just feels better that people know, or I think they know for my own sanity.

I don't mind who knows really. But yes if I need a job, I would keep it quiet going on past experience.
      That was brave Burt. Has anyone said anything about it?
      'I'm not my diagnosis. I have good days and bad days, but I'm not contagious. I'm just human'. Patrice Caraway

My Mood
      Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Coast2 View Post
      That was brave Burt. Has anyone said anything about it?
      Nobody said anything. A couple of people acknowledged it with likes.

My Mood
      Fine

Nobody said anything. A couple of people acknowledged it with likes.
      I'm glad a couple of people liked it. Good that coming out, excuse the tone of phrase, has made you feel better.

I think it was a courageous thing to do.
      'I'm not my diagnosis. I have good days and bad days, but I'm not contagious. I'm just human'. Patrice Caraway
      Thanks burt tomato gave thanks for this post.

My Mood
      Cool

I'm glad a couple of people liked it. Good that coming out, excuse the tone of phrase, has made you feel better.

I think it was a courageous thing to do.
      I don't know if it was courageous. I was sitting in a comfy chair and just clicked submit. Not a big deal really. I am serious about beating this illness and I am also serious about breaking the stigma.

My Mood
      Fine

I don't know if it was courageous. I was sitting in a comfy chair and just clicked submit. Not a big deal really. I am serious about beating this illness and I am also serious about breaking the stigma.
      You're doing really well Burt. This illness is tough. But it is possible to beat it, or at least manage the symptoms sufficiently well to enable a full, productive and rewarding life.

It's the side effects of the meds that I personally find most difficult to deal with, that and a tendancy to ruminate about the past and what I've lost because of the illness.

I'm so pleased you're doing so well.

Any thoughts about work?

My Mood
      Cool

You're doing really well Burt. This illness is tough. But it is possible to beat it, or at least manage the symptoms sufficiently well to enable a full, productive and rewarding life.

It's the side effects of the meds that I personally find most difficult to deal with, that and a tendancy to ruminate about the past and what I've lost because of the illness.

I'm so pleased you're doing so well.

Any thoughts about work?
      I am quite enjoying my freedom at the minute. Work is something that will come eventually when it is time.
      Likes Coast2 liked this post.

My Mood
      Paranoid

I feel emboldened to share my DX. I have been living off the radar for a number of years but yesterday I got suckered into using FB messenger and reconnected with one of the best friends I've ever had. I guess I'll start using FB again. Maybe I'll post my DX.
      My dreams are where the monsters live. The trouble begins when they spill into the waking world. -Me

My Mood
      Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Crazy_Yet View Post
      I feel emboldened to share my DX. I have been living off the radar for a number of years but yesterday I got suckered into using FB messenger and reconnected with one of the best friends I've ever had. I guess I'll start using FB again. Maybe I'll post my DX.
      FB is okay. I joined earlier this year after a time out. I got addicted to at first but now i am not so bothered with it. There are some schizo groups you can join that are okay.

My Mood
      Paranoid

Well I posted my dx as well. I'm unsure what to expect. Hopefully it in some small way helps to dispel stigma over MI.
      My dreams are where the monsters live. The trouble begins when they spill into the waking world. -Me
      Likes burt tomato liked this post.

My Mood
      Paranoid

I got 20 comments. All positive lots of you're in my prayers and stay strong etc. Makes me wish I'd done it sooner. I've been avoiding Facebook for over 2 years now and I find out I have a group of supportive tolerant friends afterall.
      Likes burt tomato liked this post.