Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast
    Results 201 to 210 of 235

    Thread: Daily update.

    1. #201
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Suffolk
      Posts
      883
      My Mood
      Fine

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by burt tomato View Post
      I posted my dx. on Facebook. Just feels better that people know, or I think they know for my own sanity.

      I don't mind who knows really. But yes if I need a job, I would keep it quiet going on past experience.
      That was brave Burt. Has anyone said anything about it?
      'I'm not my diagnosis. I have good days and bad days, but I'm not contagious. I'm just human'. Patrice Caraway

    2. #202
      Forum Guide burt tomato's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Mordor
      Posts
      21,701
      My Mood
      Cool

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Coast2 View Post
      That was brave Burt. Has anyone said anything about it?
      Nobody said anything. A couple of people acknowledged it with likes.

    3. #203
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Suffolk
      Posts
      883
      My Mood
      Fine

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by burt tomato View Post
      Nobody said anything. A couple of people acknowledged it with likes.
      I'm glad a couple of people liked it. Good that coming out, excuse the tone of phrase, has made you feel better.

      I think it was a courageous thing to do.
      'I'm not my diagnosis. I have good days and bad days, but I'm not contagious. I'm just human'. Patrice Caraway
      Thanks burt tomato gave thanks for this post.

    4. #204
      Forum Guide burt tomato's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Mordor
      Posts
      21,701
      My Mood
      Cool

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Coast2 View Post
      I'm glad a couple of people liked it. Good that coming out, excuse the tone of phrase, has made you feel better.

      I think it was a courageous thing to do.
      I don't know if it was courageous. I was sitting in a comfy chair and just clicked submit. Not a big deal really. I am serious about beating this illness and I am also serious about breaking the stigma.

    5. #205
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Suffolk
      Posts
      883
      My Mood
      Fine

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by burt tomato View Post
      I don't know if it was courageous. I was sitting in a comfy chair and just clicked submit. Not a big deal really. I am serious about beating this illness and I am also serious about breaking the stigma.
      You're doing really well Burt. This illness is tough. But it is possible to beat it, or at least manage the symptoms sufficiently well to enable a full, productive and rewarding life.

      It's the side effects of the meds that I personally find most difficult to deal with, that and a tendancy to ruminate about the past and what I've lost because of the illness.

      I'm so pleased you're doing so well.

      Any thoughts about work?
      'I'm not my diagnosis. I have good days and bad days, but I'm not contagious. I'm just human'. Patrice Caraway

    6. #206
      Forum Guide burt tomato's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Mordor
      Posts
      21,701
      My Mood
      Cool

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Coast2 View Post
      You're doing really well Burt. This illness is tough. But it is possible to beat it, or at least manage the symptoms sufficiently well to enable a full, productive and rewarding life.

      It's the side effects of the meds that I personally find most difficult to deal with, that and a tendancy to ruminate about the past and what I've lost because of the illness.

      I'm so pleased you're doing so well.

      Any thoughts about work?
      I am quite enjoying my freedom at the minute. Work is something that will come eventually when it is time.
      Likes Coast2 liked this post.

    7. #207
      Senior Member Not_Crazy_Yet's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      1,922
      My Mood
      Paranoid

      Default

      I feel emboldened to share my DX. I have been living off the radar for a number of years but yesterday I got suckered into using FB messenger and reconnected with one of the best friends I've ever had. I guess I'll start using FB again. Maybe I'll post my DX.
      My dreams are where the monsters live. The trouble begins when they spill into the waking world. -Me

    8. #208
      Forum Guide burt tomato's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Mordor
      Posts
      21,701
      My Mood
      Cool

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Not_Crazy_Yet View Post
      I feel emboldened to share my DX. I have been living off the radar for a number of years but yesterday I got suckered into using FB messenger and reconnected with one of the best friends I've ever had. I guess I'll start using FB again. Maybe I'll post my DX.
      FB is okay. I joined earlier this year after a time out. I got addicted to at first but now i am not so bothered with it. There are some schizo groups you can join that are okay.

    9. #209
      Senior Member Not_Crazy_Yet's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      1,922
      My Mood
      Paranoid

      Default

      Well I posted my dx as well. I'm unsure what to expect. Hopefully it in some small way helps to dispel stigma over MI.
      My dreams are where the monsters live. The trouble begins when they spill into the waking world. -Me
      Likes burt tomato liked this post.

    10. #210
      Senior Member Not_Crazy_Yet's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      1,922
      My Mood
      Paranoid

      Default

      I got 20 comments. All positive lots of you're in my prayers and stay strong etc. Makes me wish I'd done it sooner. I've been avoiding Facebook for over 2 years now and I find out I have a group of supportive tolerant friends afterall.
      My dreams are where the monsters live. The trouble begins when they spill into the waking world. -Me
      Likes burt tomato liked this post.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •