Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bl**dy F***ing B*st*rds

My Mood
      Blah

Default Bl**dy F***ing B*st*rds

A couple of weeks ago I was on a (relative) high having just won my appeal to be placed in the support group for ESA after over a year of horrific stress. Someone on here warned me that it wouldn't be for long as they were assessed again after 6 months.

Well how about after 2 weeks?? Record?? Despite the decision being made only 2 weeks ago based on newly submitted, i.e. current medical evidence, I now have to go through the whole bloody process again from scratch.

If that isn't enough of a viscious kick in the teeth, they have told me I probably wont be eligible for back payments, which would have been over 600. And on top of that, get this: "you may be placed back on basic rate assessment phase during this process" This would be a loss of over 30 p/week.

Any suggestions? Because right now I want to smash their windows and throw shit at them. Is this what they want? Because collectively, we'd be a lot more difficult to handle than a crowd of students, Anyone in?!

That's bl**dy ridiculous!! It might be worthwhile contacting the people that have sent your new form reminding them that you have only just finished the appeal process, are they SURE you need reassessing already (and if they hesitate then ask to speak to a supervisor)? It may be an oversight/admin cockup. If they insist you have to be reassessed then maybe complain to someone like your local MP. If they say no you don't need to be reassessed make sure you get something in writing. I don't know the position re the back payments, someone else on here may know, but it doesn't sound right or fair. But then since when was the system fair...?

So sorry you're having to go through this, I hope you're able to get some support to get a decent outcome.
      Music is the medicine of the mind. ~ John A. Logan

What does ESA stand for ally??

My Mood
      Blah

Employment and Support (Ha) Allowance. Replacing Incapacity - google 'ESA appeals' (which is what 70% of claimants are doing) you'll be pretty well clued in, basically a way of telling us we're all just lazy and to get out to work you slackers........

My Mood
      Doh

This is just ridiculous. Its red tape gone mad.Im sure what the government want is just for people to get so pi**ed of that they just give up fighting so that they end up losingrtheir benefits. Depending on who the MP is in your area i would suggest you get in touch with them
      Never fear shadows, they simply mean
      theres a light shining somewhere nearby

Hi ally41, thanks for your advice. Well I think I have disability benefits for life given when I fractured my neck over ten years ago. I think they messed up your case though :-(

My Mood
      Blah

Hey don't count on it, really....You appear to be able to use a computer so....mind your back (scuse the pun) and good luck when they move you onto it. They have found people with severe learning difficulties fit for work, it is indeed a world gone even more mad than it already is. Sadly my new MP is now a Tory and hasn't even had the courtesy to reply to me.

Hi ally41. I also suffered a bad head injury and have been in hospital for over a year on this latest admission. That should put things in a better context for you. Please don't let this governments meddlings make us fall out ok?

My Mood
      Scared

Hi, john go see a welfare rights officer at social work or the citizens advice also look at these websites http://www.disabilityalliance.org/

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/

Also about atos see http://www.whywaitforever.com/dwpatos.html

This awful and I hope you get help anything else I can do just ask

My Mood
      Scared

oops meant for Ally

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast