Register To Comment

Thread: Why's everyone happy but me?!

Default Why's everyone happy but me?!

Ok as title says really, why does it seem that everyone around me is happy, theyre looking forward to future and have plans, the furthest I can think of is 5mins time! I just want to cry all the time, I don't even know why i feel like this! I shouldn't should I, I should be happy too!

Hi, of course we should all be happy, but you are certainly not alone with that feeling of wanting to cry all the time, not being able to look forward to the future because all I can see is a long tunnel ahead of me. You don't say if you're getting any treatment, but if not I would suggest you go to your GP and tell them how you feel, it's much more common than you might think.

I hope you feel better soon.
      Music is the medicine of the mind. ~ John A. Logan

Quote Originally Posted by Sarax View Post
      Ok as title says really, why does it seem that everyone around me is happy, theyre looking forward to future and have plans, the furthest I can think of is 5mins time! I just want to cry all the time, I don't even know why i feel like this! I shouldn't should I, I should be happy too!
      I feel that way at times aswell, that the world is full of happpy people and there am i the grumpy bugger in the corner.

I cant look to far into the future, i do a week by week much easier to understand and to control.

*Sapphire*

Quote Originally Posted by Sarax View Post
      Hi Sarax I used to think like this all the time too. I was eaten up that everyone seemed to have everything planned and going to plan in their lives. But there really is nothing wrong in living in the moment, making the most of the moment in time you have now, and not worry about the future. My life has taken so many unexpected turns, some of them have been very good, having my life go to a plan would not have allowed me to have some of them.

I have discovered in life that many people tend to exaggerate their happiness or hide their unhappiness, especially in social circles. They may have the same fears as you. I don't think anyone can quantify happiness, I guess I try to be the judge of my own, i found it unhelpful to compare mine with others.

I read this quote once;
      You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.
      Have you got anyone you can talk to tonight? Are you getting any support or help?

You are right we all deserve to be happy. Sadly life isnt like that. We would all luv to live in that ideal world but it aint possible. But it would be nice to sample some happiness,stability and a future which is not completely gloomy. Keep your spirit Sarax

Register To Comment