• Register To Comment

Thread: Accept the unacceptable!

Default Accept the unacceptable!

Sometimes I think our greatest battle is simply with resistance.

Resistance to our own inner state of being, whether anxiety, depression, anger or whatever.

All emotions come to pass.
      Depression is the product of repeated thoughts and feelings in the past.. so the way out is often acceptance. Acceptance is a big 'word' and no one can do it for you.. it requires some understanding, some work, some practice.

However, it might be useful to see that how I am feeling today is a past 'creation', and whilst in the middle of it all I can choose to think in a different way in the here and now.

It can be all to easy to distract ourselves from ourselves... but what has helped me most is spending time with myself in reflection, meditation, and actively seeking the good in the situation I find myself.

I recommend making some time for yourself, perhaps first thing or last thing in your day.. because believe me, you are worth the time and the effort.

In peace.
      Thanks cpuusage, anouska gave thanks for this post
      Likes cpuusage, anouska liked this post
      Hug anouska hugged this poster

Sounds healthy. Thanks for sharing.
      “To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.” ~ Chang Tzu
      "You become mature when you become the authority of your own life.” ~ Joseph Campbell
      http://healingsanctuary.proboards.com/index.cgi
      http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/thread54371.html

My Mood
      Relaxed

Acceptance is tricky, especially when talking about the mind. It's the contents of your own mind, your experiences and how you accept them that I find hard. I have been continually shifting, trying to find meaning in what I have encountered and am still encountering, then accepting and finding healing and closure, but it is not easy. These things can come back again and again, and even with a really self compassionate attitude I'm finding it a struggle to lay some things to rest.

But I think that is the right path to walk, and there do seem to be small improvements here and there, old things which come up and then are tackled.
      "Nearly all mankind is more or less unhappy
      because nearly all do not know the true Self.
      Real happiness abides in Self-knowledge alone. All else is fleeting.
      To know one's Self is to be blissful always."

Sri Ramana Maharshi

My Mood
      Blah

I think there are some "key ingredients" to acceptance. One of them is someone to coach you through what you're struggling with - a quote, I think:

The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind

Khalil Gibran
      "I entered into exalted trances, as on those evenings when I used to gaze upon the sky full of moving clouds behind the distant blue of the hills; I was both the landscape and its beholder: I existed only through myself, and for myself."

- - Simone de Beauvoir
      Likes cpuusage, keepsafe liked this post

Register To Comment