• Register To Comment

Thread: Work Focused Interview while appealing ESA?

Default Work Focused Interview while appealing ESA?

Hi everyone

I'm in receipt of ESA (moved from IB) and was put in the WRAG with no interview 'medical' -I've appealed that as people say I should be in the Support Group.

Do I have to attend a WFI still? I got a letter yesterday with an appointment a month away. I'm sure I read somewhere there's no need to attend WFIs if appealing ESA.

Thanks for any comments.

My Mood
      Cynical

hi, this is what "I know" I would say yes you do have to attend.... I had my first interview in Dec and due another in about a month's time..

its nothing to fret about, just an interview/chat the guy I say even told me not to go on anything like the work program has they then can foce you into things..... Just go along express how ill you are and you are appealing it will take about half an hour....

good luck

stan

My Mood
      Inspired

Yeah you do I'm in the same situation myself.

Some jobcentres will postpone the appointment if you ring them.

The appointment was just a check that I still had the same symptoms/issues that stop me working.
      'Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.' Spike Milligan

'It's a gift and a curse. You get the pain much worse than anybody else, but you see a sunrise much more beautiful than anybody else!' Spike Milligan

'Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world' R.d. Laing

'Put all people committed of un-social behaviour in to Stocks, this will create a demand for stocks, which should help to increase the stock market'

My Mood
      Scared

Always better to go and comply is my reasoning.
      I know it is worrying I am in the WRAG group and have had 4 meetings in just under a year.
      So far nothing serious just checks really.
      I have just sent in my latest ESA 50 form (so await the outcome/verdict from that).

If you do not attend and get sanctioned it is a lot more hassle sorting it all out, not to mention the cut in benefit.
      You will be fine.

Good Luck.
      Likes Wiseowl liked this post

Thanks for all the comments!

It's a month away so I'm hoping they look at the SG decision again before this but if not I'll maybe attend.

I'll post back with what happens.

Good news.

Moved to the Support Group thanks to great help from my CPN and psychiatrist.

I really could never have managed to get to that interview and it was making me ill thinking about it in fact it had me me more ill (Schizophrenia) than I'd been for a decade. I didn't even see it coming but it was like a train coming down the tracks and before I knew it myself my CPN started talking about me going into hospital. I ended up not wanting to take medication too as I thought it might take my mind off the impending interview (yes such fucked up thinking it shows you how much stress can damage someone). I lost at least 2 weeks of my life worrying about this and have no memory virtually of it.

Thanks to everyone again.

My Mood
      Pensive

I am really pleased you managed to get put into the support group and this is not something you need to worry about any more. I wish the government would realise how much distress their policy of one size fits all causes. I am sorry things got so bad for you, luckily it sounds like you have a very supportive CPN. Fingers crossed things will begin to improve now for you.

Register To Comment