Register To Comment

Thread: Over-sensitive xx

Default Over-sensitive xx

I've only been a member here for a few days, thought it would be nice to be part of something somewhere.
      Point is, I started off in a stable mood till yesterday when I posted a little 'pick-me-up' for someone on here. Someone else then joined the thread and left his opinion of my post. It wasn't very nice. My mood dropped like a rocket, anger stepped in, my life fell down around me and all my self confidence buggered off. My voices took over and I've spent the night self harming. Just when I thought I was doing OK.
      I'm so over-sensitive to what people say and do that I'm worried about posting on here again. My philosophy towards life is a very simple one and this shows in my messages but it does not mean that I haven't had a very hard life, there's isn't a hell dark place on this Planet that I haven't been to and crawled out off many times. I know that if the guy that left that post knew me & my life story, it wouldn't have been said. I'm also working very hard not to take everything so personally. Thank You for reading this and I hope your day today is kind to you xxxx
      Last edited by piglet; 25-03-12 at 13:15. Reason: Self harm specifics

My Mood
      Scared

Hi,

Im so sorry to hear that another member's post has upset you so much. Which thread was it in?

It can be very upsetting when someone says something which you perceive as hurtful but I suppose the best way to look at it is that everyone has their own opinion and just because its not the same as our own it doesnt make ours any less relevant.

I really hope that this wont put you off posting on here and I hope that you can put it all to the back of your mind. There is a lot of support available on mhf and you are among friends.

Tina x
      Thanks oozootree gave thanks for this post

My Mood
      Cheerful

Hiya hun, I'm sorry a someone's post upset you. If you are ever upset by what someone says on here you can report it to the mods and we can take a look at it and see if we can resolve the situation. To report a post you click on the little triangle at the bottom left underneath the post.

I really hope you feel better soon and this doesn't stop you from posting on the forum.

Take care.
      That's a very nice everything you have there.......Tsssssssssssss
      Thanks oozootree gave thanks for this post

Ainsworth

hallo oozootree,

ive just checked your posts to see what did upset you. i think the written word can come across as harsh (even when it isnt meant in that way) maybe if you tell the person they may just apologise to you. failing that report them. its a shame that you ended up with a night of self harm

i come across as direct on here, its just the way i am. i get told im insensitive. cyber space will never show the real us. have a look around the chill out section when your in need of company and not a heavy chat. there is always someone to chat to but dont stop posting if you need support, peeps will support you here

Hi
      Thank you for answering my post. I can't risk putting myself in a position where someone can attack me, even if it is only words. I know it's nothing personal, the post told me more about him than I needed to know. I can also be very direct but only when I know who I'm dealing with. I might give him a heavy chat one day. In the meantime, I'll have a look at 'the chill out area' and then decide if I really need to be on here. Thanks again for your advice x

ACCOUNT CLOSED
      My Mood
      Devilish

Please don't be put off oozoo, it's sometimes very difficult to communicate properly over the internet. I think I've found the post you're referring to, and it didn't seem like any form of attack on you to me. It seemed like the poster was having a 'think out loud' and just contemplating. They also gave some form of apology after, right? (that's if I'm reading the right post)

It wasn't an attack on you, honestly. I think if the user in queston saw this thread they'd affirm that.

We all have our issues here, and nobody wants to upset anyone else. A lot of us do have trouble communicating with eachother too, whether that's giving a message or interpreting a message.

You don't need to feel like everyone agrees with everything you say. Sometimes someone may disagree with you, but so long as you're nice and respectful in what you say no one will think any worse of you ^_^

My Mood
      Sad

Hi oozootree
      I dont think ive seen your first post so welcome to the foroum!
      So sorry to hear a post has upset you!, i am like you very oversensitive too, someone just has to say one bad thing to me at work at home and i cry so i completly understand and take it personally.
      Please dont let this put you off posting again!.
      Take care keep strong and keep talking
      Katie
      xx

My Mood
      Sad

Hi ya Oozootree!
      im sorry you feel your first post went down badly!
      we are a friendly bunch here- i can promise you that. i read the post you were talking about and i really think no harm was meant by it.
      when we write things the person reading it on the other end might not read it the same way?

we are here to support each other, please keep talking and keep in touch.
      Fox
      x
      What doesn't kill me makes me Stronger
      How i feel most days : (Oh and i'm the horse by the way!!)

My Mood
      Sad

oh - i tried to send you a private message but was unable to.
      send me a message if you want to talk.
      here for you if you want
      What doesn't kill me makes me Stronger
      How i feel most days : (Oh and i'm the horse by the way!!)

jaxie40

Quote Originally Posted by oozootree View Post
      I've only been a member here for a few days, thought it would be nice to be part of something somewhere.
      Point is, I started off in a stable mood till yesterday when I posted a little 'pick-me-up' for someone on here. Someone else then joined the thread and left his opinion of my post. It wasn't very nice. My mood dropped like a rocket, anger stepped in, my life fell down around me and all my self confidence buggered off. My voices took over and I've spent the night self harming. Just when I thought I was doing OK.
      I'm so over-sensitive to what people say and do that I'm worried about posting on here again. My philosophy towards life is a very simple one and this shows in my messages but it does not mean that I haven't had a very hard life, there's isn't a hell dark place on this Planet that I haven't been to and crawled out off many times. I know that if the guy that left that post knew me & my life story, it wouldn't have been said. I'm also working very hard not to take everything so personally. Thank You for reading this and I hope your day today is kind to you xxxx
      Hey oozootree. I understand where you're coming from, because I get the same if someone's said something that upsets me, whether they meant to or not. I hope you'll stay, though I understand your apprehension. Look after yourself, and I hope we see you around on here

Register To Comment