• Register To Comment

Thread: Does it escalate?

Default Does it escalate?

I have had quite a few hospital admissions in the last 6 years, but they seem to be gettin closer and closer together. I go high, happy then psycotic/ aggitated. then i come crashing down. it take ages to recover from this. then i used to have a period of normality. but now it seems it is like a nvr ending rollercoaster.

Manic in July 2011 hospital, depressed for months, started to feel normal but oh no back to being high and now feeling like shite.

There seems to be no reason for my episodes now either which is a worry.

Does anyone else find they are gettin more and more ups and down as they get older?

My Mood
      Sad

Hi Toona,

Definitely seems that way to me too... I don't think I've had much 'time off' really since about Summer 2010. Had a major 3-month high then, working all the hours I could, sleeping 4-5 hours a night. Then crashed October 2010, depression built for months, went psychotic in Feb 2011, into a mixed episode March-April 11 - hospital - then depressed again May-October better than before but generally low, then up again in October-December 11, but peppered with crippling anxiety attacks in the middle of the night, crashed in January 12 again, off work for 4 weeks, had a few weeks where I managed quite well but now I'm up again. I feel quite powerless to resist it and I am trying really hard to be sensible!

I wasn't diagnosed properly until last year, but I've had the same sorts of ups and downs since (I think) my teens. They were easier to cope with and spaced further apart until recently - only asked for help when the depression got bad, but they just chucked ADs at me, which never worked and I eventually got better with nothing so I just ploughed through.

I'm 37 now. I have read bipolar gets more intense with age. Not looking forward to it, if the past 18 months are a sign of things to come!

Sorry you're feeling crappy by the way. Hope things improve soon x
      she is troubled with thick-coming fancies That keep her from her rest

hey thanks for your reply. im 36 and the last 6 years have been a bit of a nightmare. i feel horrible saying that as my daughter sparked something of when she was born. i dont resent her or anything i just feel bad saying that life is tough since she arrived maybe just a coincidence lol

im feeling a bit better, had a nice chilled weekend. thinking about having an early night. xx

hope your well xx

My Mood
      Sad

Yeah, I'm good - fairly chilled weekend, enjoyed being in the park with the kids today.

I think life does get tougher generally for anyone when they have kids. They cost money to keep, you don't get as much down time (if any!), usually there's a bit of something to worry about them for.

I don't resent mine either - wouldn't be without them - but they are a source of stress! Not good for anyone with bipolar

Enjoy your early night. I have been debating doing that too, but struggling to get off to sleep right now. Will give it a try anyway. Big long day ahead tomorrow, would be good to sleep properly! x
      she is troubled with thick-coming fancies That keep her from her rest

Register To Comment