Register To Comment
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conversion Disorder and me

Default Conversion Disorder and me

Hi everyone, my name is Lea Kielinen and I've been a sufferer of Conversion Disorder and PNES (psychogenic non-epileptic seizures) since 2008. It's been a long battle with many symptoms rearing their ugly head. It took a long time for me to get diagnosed with Conversion Disorder, but once I was, and was comfortable with my diagnosis, I realized how little help there is out there for others like us. There is so little help!!!! I started a blog justmekielinen.blogspot.com to start describing in my own words what living with CD is like. After a couple of months and receiving innumerable amounts of support from others, I started a Facebook support group called "Just Me - Conversion Disorder" for others to connect as well.

The days can be very lonely and exhausting while living with this disorder. I have found writing to be my outlet for not only support but to keep my sanity. I found this forum through another website featuring Conversion Disorder and thought WOOHOO other people!! They understand!! I've read through some of the entries and can relate so much to the writers of these posts that I needed to reach back. Since starting my blog and support group, I have become determined to try my best to help others out there like us and hope that through this forum I can reach more people and we can come together as a community of support. Not only do I suffer from CD, but I have OCD, Interstitial Cystitis, Fibromyalgia, Depression and a severe anxiety disorder - which goes hand in hand with conversion Disorder. This forum is wonderful in its execution and am glad to find Conversion Disorder a forum for others to compare notes. There is so little out there in terms of research, information and least of all support that I hope to connect with more people and be a source of information through my blog. I'm not by any means an expert, I only write what I know and feel. I hope you will take the time to check it out, or we can start a conversation here!

Thank you
      Lea Kielinen
      Thanks Mattem, jacq78 gave thanks for this post
      Hug Daniella, mford2008 hugged this poster

My Mood
      Sad

Hiya Lea and to the forum.

I think you could talk to Mattem, as he has just transferred his post to the main anxiety forum because there were so few people responding here. As you say, there are very few people who can help. I will tell Mattem that you are here and maybe you can both discuss the issues together.
      "I am She who e're the world was formed, was Rhea, Binah Ge. I am the soundless, boundless bitter sea from whom life welled eternally. Isis in heaven, on Earth Persephone, Levanah of the waves and Hecate. All these am I and all these are seen in me." Dion Fortune.
      Thanks Lea Kielinen, Mattem gave thanks for this post

hiya,why is there so little help for us people with cd?its terrible,and not fair.i got diagnosed last year,and even though im releived i now know whats wrong with me,im finding it very difficult to cope,as i have three children at home x does anyone know what benefits im entitled to?

I think there is so little help, because the disorder is so very "rare" - or at least that's what I've been told. However I've read it's diagnosed more often than Multiple Sclerosis - so where is the info?

as for what you are entitled to, it totally depends on where you are from. I'm from Vancouver, BC Canada and I am only entitled to my disability pension that comes from the government, but it's not enough to live on. I thankfully have a husband to support me. However to get approved for this pension was very difficult and HAD to include my other disorders for them to even consider it. It's a long lonely road with little support.

thanks lea. x i live in britain,so will go and try and get more info on what im entitiled to etc x hope u r well x

If you find out any information to help you in Britain, I would love it you passed it along. I have some readers from the UK and would like to expand my "Mental Health Resources" page on my blog with resources from around the world. Hope you are well too!

no problem.will keep u informed x

Hey Tigger, i joined this forum primarily so i could give you info... You can apply for DLA, Disability Living Allowance, however as you're symptoms gets better they may require you to give it up and then when they get worse again you may have to re-apply. If you need a carer, that is another thing that you can apply for Hope this helps Twitcher :P

Hey, so I just wrote this post regarding what is going on with the 'medical mystery' happening in New York and those teenagers. Is it conversion disorder, do the symptoms look like you? http://justmekielinen.blogspot.com

hi twitcher,thank you so much for the info xx i will get the dla form filled in and see how i get on.x hope ur well x take care. tigger

Register To Comment
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast