Register To Comment
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cure for Brain Zaps?

Default Cure for Brain Zaps?

I have read a ton of information on the Internet (they only place you can really go for information, unfortunately) about "brain zaps" or "brain shivers" - there is no actual medical term since the common withdrawal symptom is so under-researched and under-acknowledged - BUT. . .

I have only uncovered some information on ways that may help to alleviate this symptom. What I want is a cure. Does anyone know of a way to eliminate this horrible sensation completely?

Thanks in advance!

Steven

I got it once after forgetting to take my med...well I think thats what it what, sorta like clicking in my head...i dont know anything that can cure it but if its going on for long maybe ask your doctor if theres anything they can do, its meant to stop after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by missmango View Post
      I got it once after forgetting to take my med...well I think thats what it what, sorta like clicking in my head...i dont know anything that can cure it but if its going on for long maybe ask your doctor if theres anything they can do, its meant to stop after a while.
      Honestly, I am not trying to attack you personally, but why do people, in general, respond to threads with no helpful information or input? It just creates clutter and wastes people's time.

Again, I know you mean no harm, but it can't be good for the board to respond with. . . basically nothing.

Last I'll speak on that issue.

Steven

Jericho

Its an open forum for people to express themselves as long as its within the guidelines - people just want to relate their personal experience, perhaps vocalising and relating eases their mental health problems. Thats the forums role - its meant for mutual support, you want to control what people say start your own board and moderate it.

My Mood
      Shocked

deary me lodger that's a bit strong for someone who has just 6 postings.

Have you actually asked your doctor about it or do you think the only info is on the great wide, but generally overloaded with meaningless bullsshit, web?
      "To forget a friend is sad, not everyone has had a friend”

“ It is such a secret place, the land of tears”

Hi Steven

On the MHF, a lot of us like to know that there's people who share experiences, even if the post doesn't contain any advice or an answer to your question. This supportive approach can be helpful for a lot of us, though I'm sorry you find it irksome.

I'm sorry that you've not had any answers to your question as yet, though a quick search of the forum has brought up this, which is a list of all the threads it's been discussed in. Again, may or may not be useful.

I'm not sure which country you're in, but most of the forum users are in the UK, and it's quarter to one in the morning here! (Already!? Eep!) so there's not too many of us awake. Hopefully when there's more people awake you'll get "more helpful" posts.

Good luck
      Starless
      "Beside a dry stone horse-trough at the juncture of five alleys, two men curled close to either side of a squat brazier in which a little charcoal glowed. The spot was so near the quarter of the nobles that the sounds of music and laughter came at intervals, faintly, along with a dim rainbow-glow of light. The two men might have been a hulking beggar and a small one, except that their tunices and leggings and cloaks though threadbare, were of good stuff, and the scabbarded weapons lay close to the hand of each."

Contact Samaritans

I'm not into controlling what people say, I only suggest that they expressed more restraint in what they post, making their contributions more relevant to the whole. But you are taking us off topic again. Do you have anything to add to the actual topic?

Steven

Your link brings the following up:

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Quote Originally Posted by thelodger View Post
      Your link brings the following up:

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
      Sorry about that - Must be something to do with being on a different profile.

If you go to the search bar and type in "brain zaps", with the inverted commas, it'll bring up all the posts it's been mentioned in. Let me know if you still can't find it and I'll see what I can do.
      "Beside a dry stone horse-trough at the juncture of five alleys, two men curled close to either side of a squat brazier in which a little charcoal glowed. The spot was so near the quarter of the nobles that the sounds of music and laughter came at intervals, faintly, along with a dim rainbow-glow of light. The two men might have been a hulking beggar and a small one, except that their tunices and leggings and cloaks though threadbare, were of good stuff, and the scabbarded weapons lay close to the hand of each."

Contact Samaritans

My Mood
      Shocked

yeah, brain shivers I know what you mean, but for my info I asked my doc who told me what to do about it. Go ask your doc.

I have a particularly wierd experience with these as most of my PTSD flashbacks are of experiencing electric shocks so all my brain seems to get muddled up.
      "To forget a friend is sad, not everyone has had a friend”

“ It is such a secret place, the land of tears”

Register To Comment
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast