Register To Comment

Thread: Obsessive calorie counting (can't stop)

Post Obsessive calorie counting (can't stop)

I can't pick up a piece of food or eat it without knowing the calories. Even if it's something healthy fruit, salad or a cordial drink it doesn't matter what it is. I even measure the amount I'm going to have. For years I've never eaten something un-healthy and just enjoyed it. I always feel guilty and obsess over the calories and workout how much exercise will work it off.

I'm not anorexic or overweight but when I have something un-healthy or anything with too many calories it's like I failed because I feel like I need to loose weight. I haven't really asked for help because I'm just a normal weight but it's driving me mad. I even know the calories in food when I go to a restaurant. Not just food but drinks. I will have just over a 1000 calories a day.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Hiya Goldie, welcome to the forums.

Do you have any other obsessive habits, or just this?
      I like gardening if it is sunny and warm. Otherwise f*** that!!

My Mood
      Scared

Hi goldie i to am obsessed with calories. It makes life very restricting do you find that?
      I long to be free to eat what i want when i want. But i fear if i was left to my own devices i would not
      be able to stop eating. Like you i am average weight for my height. I believe for me it's about control
      as i don't seem to have any control over any other areas of my life. I always want to be thinner
      putting on weight sends me into an utter panic.Sorry you have this problem too.
      take care
      supersweep.
      p.s. meant to say welcome to forum goldie.

My Mood
      Cheeky

to the forum. Have you thought about speaking to your gp about this? If you have any questions just pm me or another forum buddy ok.

Pixie
      Look after your mind, body and soul!

Need emergency help? Read our help guide by clicking here http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/getting-help/

When you hit rock bottom, hang in there and reach out, the only way is up not out!

Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Register To Comment