• Register To Comment

Thread: Brain-Modifying Drugs

Default Brain-Modifying Drugs

What if there was a drug that didn't just affect the levels of chemicals in your brain, it turned off genes in your brain? That possibility - either exciting or sinister depending on how you look at it - could be remarkably close, according to a a report just out from a Spanish group

http://neuroskeptic.blogspot.com/201...ing-drugs.html
      Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
      the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

If we really want to say what helps in mental health, there’s a straightforward mantra and it goes like this:

“Some people find medication helpful. Some people find therapy helpful. Some people find medication and therapy helpful. Some people don’t find either helpful.”

My newspaper

My Mood
      Breezy

Currently available drugs are shotguns and sledgehammers. These approaches could provide sniper rifles and scalpels. But whether it will prove to be safe remains to be seen. I certainly wouldn't want to be first one to snort this particular drug.
      Er....sniper rifles and scalpels. Are we back in the realms of lobotomy?
      Problem is that they guy who write this is probably not in the position where he has to think about doing this to himself in order to live anything approaching an acceptable quality of life. We poor sods do!!!!!!
      “The value of compassion cannot be over-emphasized. Anyone can criticize. It takes a true believer to be compassionate. No greater burden can be borne by an individual than to know no one cares or understands.”

"Don't walk ahead of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend". A Camus.

Apotheosis

Register To Comment