Register To Comment

Thread: Is there any consistency in the way different disorders are managed in northern ireland.

Default Is there any consistency in the way different disorders are managed in northern ireland.

hi there I think what I would like to know is if there is any consistency in the way different disorders are managed in northern ireland. I cannot get treatment from the one psychiatrist who deals with DID because I am not in the same trust and am sidelined so I wonder how the rest of you are getting along - I was told recently by a health care professional that the NHS was set up for the many not the few who fall off the edges - With DID I feel I have fallen off the edge my entire life no one has listened to me - sorry if I am posting in the wrong place but this is my major concern.

Forum Volunteer

A healthcare professional told me that 85% of GP-led psychiatric referrals in Belfast were not acted upon. That was last year, I'd be surprised if that situation has improved.
      Thanks jac the hat gave thanks for this post

thanks that makes sense - after eleven years with the diagnosis from psychology, all that time the psychiatrist saying that I didnt have it -I asked for a second opinion and the diagnostic psychiatrist she picked in Antrim agreed that I had D.I.D,
      My dr. has been trying all this time to get the help for me that I need with no success - I really did see it as personal.

ni mental health "services" suck. at least for adolescents and those with anything other than basic depression, bipolar, etc. keep trying and don't let them suck you into their warped view of reality - warped by the system that does not CARE and only tries to cover it's ass. keep trying from different angles, different drs, etc. god bless and good luck.

Register To Comment