Register To Comment

Thread: Symptom Tracker / Mood Journal

Default Symptom Tracker / Mood Journal

I'm on the prowl for an application/service to help with tracking how I'm doing on a day to day basis. I've found a few, but most cater to people with bipolar disorder and only track mood. I have schizoaffective disorder and want to track my psychotic symptoms as well as my mood. I'd like to split up psychotic symptoms into voices, visual hallucinations, and even specific voices that have names. A service that I can customize to fit my specific criteria would be best.

An online service would be preferred to a computer application so that I could use it away from my computer, but working as I need it is the priority. Also, bonus if it is or has an application for android phones.

Some examples to show what I'm looking for:

http://www.psychtracker.com/index.php - This one looks interesting, but very sloppy

http://www.healthyplace.com/mood-journal/ - This one is only for mood

If nothing can be found then I might just make my own with excel or something similar, but a service that is already fully laid out and polished would be great.

My Mood
      Fine

Quote Originally Posted by PaintingInAir View Post
      I'm on the prowl for an application/service to help with tracking how I'm doing on a day to day basis. I've found a few, but most cater to people with bipolar disorder and only track mood. I have schizoaffective disorder and want to track my psychotic symptoms as well as my mood. I'd like to split up psychotic symptoms into voices, visual hallucinations, and even specific voices that have names. A service that I can customize to fit my specific criteria would be best.

An online service would be preferred to a computer application so that I could use it away from my computer, but working as I need it is the priority. Also, bonus if it is or has an application for android phones.

Some examples to show what I'm looking for:

http://www.psychtracker.com/index.php - This one looks interesting, but very sloppy

http://www.healthyplace.com/mood-journal/ - This one is only for mood

If nothing can be found then I might just make my own with excel or something similar, but a service that is already fully laid out and polished would be great.
      Interesting. Such a thing would be very useful.

What features would be ideal in such an application?

What would you include in your excel version if you had to do it yourself?

Are there any other services out there which do this sort of thing?
      Mischief = The state or quality of being mischievous.
      Need emergency help? Click here to read our help guide
      Please click here to LIKE the Mental Health Forum on Facebook

I'd want graphs at the very least. Picking which symptoms to graph would be even better. A clean interface that is easy to use is also a must.

I can think of many things to include in my excel version. To name a few: Sleep Hours, Sleep Quality, Hygiene, Mood, Anxiety, Irritation, Suicidal Ideation, Voices, Visual Hallucinations, Delusions, and med dosages. I might want to add others later, like self harm, which isn't a problem now but may be at some point in the future.

I've seen a few other services that do this around the internet, but most are very simple and cater only to mood. I unfortunately don't have any of them saved because they would be of little use to me.

skyblue

I have been trying to find something like this; I'm also diagnosed Schizo-Affective Disorder.

Has anybody out there found a tracker that's useful for these symptoms?

Fragile

I'm of the view that mood trackers may be unhealthy.

I think journals / diaries can be great, but I suspect that assigning numbers to such a wide range of human experiences on a daily basis is not a good idea.

I think it can encourage too much introspection - and in a sense, stop us from just being, accepting, and going with life.

I do keep an eye on myself, but not in this way.

My Mood
      Confused

Agree totally Fragile. Used a daily diary to track my mood plus a lot of the criteria Painting in Air mentioned and found I just got caught up with how I was feeling and wasnt able to use skills to help myself. Since I stopped I started to feel much better as i was concentrating on living btw i was diagnosed with severe depression and borderline personality disorder. Can see the need to track changes , you just need a diary or use notes app on your phone, a spreadsheet is too tedious and it also needs to b portable as u dont always remember later how you felt sorry bout the long reply but been there

Register To Comment