Register To Comment

Thread: How do you know you are hearing voices

hughey

Default How do you know you are hearing voices

Can I ask a few questions out of curiosity?
      If not then I could absolutley understand why this thread would be deleted?

Are they just blatantly there?

Do they talk to you?

Or do they just talk to each other?

Are the voices clear?, as if you were listening to the radio?

What happens?

hughey

I don't think I can hear voices, but I feel as though I cant control my mind, like my mind makes me think of things, and makes me say things in my head that I cant control, I can only control it when I go into a deep brainstorm and go into a fantasy world.

I also fear that people can hear what I'm thinking, like its as if as soon as I think something, it I say it without control, and people are disgusted with me as much as I am with myself for the things that is coming into my mind, and I get paranoid that they can hear my thoughts.

hughey,
      I can see very well how these same munsters could interact/influence people without being audible. I wrestled with tobacco for years, and for me, it was like wrestling with the devil. Carlos Santana, the famous pop star from Woodstock days, said the same thing about playing his guitar (they take over). A bit like split personality, multiple identity, mpd, but most likely spiritual mischief and prank (sport). Many or most of us claim the voices to be external; others claim internal; some claim it RF or radio frequency.
      Regards,
      Sal

My voices are constantly there talking, sometimes about me, sometimes not but it seems they are talking to someone or each other- it's like having a talkback radio show going on constantly in your head, but the voices are not happy and interesting.
      It can get very annoying constantly hearing people talk all the time...

I still often think it is real people talking to me, and have been booked in to see a psychiatrist again for the first time in a long time, as this is getting really bad.

My voices are more distant then a usual voice, not only that but i can only under stand around 1% of what they say... they also seem more empty then real people. When I'm around others sometimes i hear there voice in my head in the same way as I've described.

When I do hear other people that I know I also get slightly worried if they can hear my thoughts too, not only that but hearing the voices of my friends or family gets me down... especially when when i start to believe that there is truth in the fact that those particular voices might be psychic in origin. it feels like I'm intruding into there minds... quite often I hear/interpret the words "your in my head", other times I hear them chatting away to them selves.

My usual voices(two female entities and sometimes one ignorant male voice) are quite distinct and seem of a different origin to the psychic style voices, they seem to just chat between them selves... most of the time it feels like there talking about me... sometimes at me... most of the time they seem quite agressive, sometimes they seem like there just talking calmly between each other.

When the psychosis was new I got them confused with actual people quite a bit... but they where clearer back then and more varied and they actually seemed to have there own personalities and intelligence, not only that but they didn't depend on fans, music or engine noises to exist... sometimes they where kind, other times the where aggressive and bitchy and a few times they(well actually just one of them) where actually comforting.... a few times since I've heard them as they where, mainly on the more harmful of drugs I've tried.

Part of me wants to hear them clearly again, I feel stuck in limbo at the moment.... I don't ever believe the voices will stop with the use of medication even though I've kind of agreed to give it another go by getting my respiridone put back into the therapeutic range of 2mg from 1mg, its the forth medication I've tried but who knows maybe it will have an alternative effect of making the voices clearer. The only reason why im giving it another go it to regain the ability to listen to music in peace and hopefully stop or gain more control when hearing the voices of friends or family.

Edit: sorry for the long post... i didnt realise i rambled that much.

Neonmouse your experience seems almost identical to mine, your post was very insightful and it definately reminds me of my voices, I have them constantly so it's very hard but I'm used to them now. I am on respiridone too and I don't know if it helps or not, they are a little less loud or noticeable than when they first started, never the less they are still there...

Thanks for letting me join your forum group. I was wondering those who have indicated experience of hearing voices whether you could remember at what age you became aware of this and whether in particular as a child - did you advise parents and if so was there anything that a parent could do to help you to feel safe and secure if the voices were most present in the quiet of the night time. Thanks in anticipation.

Register To Comment