Register To Comment

Thread: what do ppl want out of this local forum

Default what do ppl want out of this local forum

I'm just brain storming for ideas because obviously some folk are going to be rural. Some folk are going to have bus passes/transport, other's not. Some folk currently may live outwith Grampian and may even be down as far as the Lowlands.

Possible ideas from my point of view = arrange social 'meets'. I know of another board who does this - more in the central belt than in our area but still.

Sharing/advertising of information (who needs the MHUN?)

Discussing services/techniques/medications etc you find helpful/unhelpful (but note, if you say they are unhelpful I don't want any slander. We 'aint got the money to be sued!!!)

Posting of events that may be relevant to the politically inclined (in terms of service user representation. I'm talking about mental health politics on all levels not encouraging you to join a political party).

Any other ideas?

Post hi all

why not view Argyll and Bute local forum for ideas

Thanks for that but there's already a forum type thing in the form of the Mental Health User Network (that's on it's last legs) etc. etc. amongst others. Ummm.....I guess it's just a question of checking the board until ppl write something.

Blessings.

Erme

My Mood
      Tired

Smile

Hello Forum Folks.

I'm Wayne, in Aberdeen.

Been a service user ( hate that term ) of a well established mental health service since 1992 - 1993 ish.

I am pretty sure I know the local forum moderator for here, from the same place I attend.

The reason for this post is to find out mainly if it is still active, and wether it will in time obviously, be a useful resource in collating the sparse information that is available to users of Mental Health organisations within Aberdeen and the shire.

As I am just starting off on the on-line side of things, I will bookmark this and keep an eye open for further opportunities to get conversing with others within Aberdeen and the shire, and possibly Scotland wide in the future.

Thanks for your time.

Note to the Admins:
      Please do not take it upon yourselves to remove my name, nickname, location information or the likes from any of my posts please.
      I am a real person, with a wide open book in regards to my own way of "getting on with it" in regards to my current and on-going mental health state.
      Thanks
      Last edited by AbzWayne; 24-06-09 at 22:30. Reason: ammend the end note..

Yeah thanks Wayne. I maybe after the meeting on Tuesday want to do some online/local resources on here or on my blog. You up for that. Yes you do know me LOL. Keep my ID secret though.

Do you deal with SA Scotland board? I find that quite good and we're hoping to have an Aberdeen meet beg of July.

Also the chaplain at RCH is v good and I've just found some christian counselling in the form of Lighthouse (they're in Yell.com) so I'll let you know how that goes.

Anyhow keep in touch. If you want to PM me at any point I'm here for you.

Erme

My Mood
      Paranoid

Does this local area still get used or is it pretty much defunct?

Hey, Doesn't look like there is anyone about here wendolene... Hope your well xx

Hi guys im a newbie from Aberdeenshire looking to get chatting with ppl maybe join a support group??
      Thanks x

Register To Comment