Register To Comment

Thread: Why am I so angry all the time

Angry Why am I so angry all the time

Heyy sorry I just need to get this off my chest

I am angry practically all the time for almost no reason whatsover. The smallest things ever cause me to burst with rage and it's getting really out of hand. I self harm and that used to kind of make me feel better but lately it has not worked at all and if anything has just made me even more angry than normal because I'm not getting the same feelings or anything that used to make me feel better when I self harmed. I stopped self harming for about a month to see if I could do without it but during that time at various angry moments I smashed glasses and ornaments, ripped pictures and posters down from the wall, tore up a lot of books and magazines and scattered them around the floor and full on chucked a chair across the room, not to mention screaming and swearing at basically everything that came near me. I also dented the wall slightly when I punched it at one point. I've always been one to get irritated quickly when things don't go my way but it's never been as bad as this. I though it was because I stopped self harming so I started doing it again and it just made me get angry. I've been snapping at everything for no reason whatsoever like the other day I was watching TV and this presenter who annoys me was on and I screamed really loudly at the TV that she should just be stabbed and then spent about another 10 minutes swearing at it. School is really bad aswell I keep doing badly on tests and stuff and I used to be quite good but now I'm barely passing anything and it's really annoying me. I honestly don't know what to do because self harm does not help at all anymore and when I get angry I just can't see that it's unjustified until later when I think back and it's like hmm that was completely pointless I'm some kind of freak haha but then just go and get really angry again.

Sorry for totally boring you with this I just need to get it out there sorry

Treelooney

Default I hear you

OK, I got what you said, and I am sorry you are feeling this way.

I think there are several points to be made here.

Are you getting help with this situation? It sounds as if you need to talk it over with someone. You mention that you are in school. Is there a school counsellor or someone like that you could talk to? He or she will keep it confidential.

This sounds a bit strange, but maybe you need to change your diet. Are you eating a lot of meat? White bread? Junk food like KFC or McDonalds? If so, that could be part of the problem. A bad diet can affect people mentally as well as physically. Cut out the meat, eat lots of fruit and vegetables, make sure your bread is wholemeal or granary, take a cod liver oil capsule each day. The body needs vitamins and minerals.

You mention snapping at the TV. Try not to watch TV, better still get rid of the TV altogether. I got rid of my TV sixteen years ago, and have not had a TV set in all that time. It gives time for creative hobbies, which give you some self-respect. TV is so wasteful and uncreative.

Do you take exercise? It sounds as if you have a lot of energy. The best exercise is just to get out in the park and walk (fast or slow, as your mood takes you). Maybe do some jogging. Punch the air! Use up some of that excess energy.

Try meditating - just sitting for a few minutes, letting your mind go blank. Breathe deeply and slowly. Just for 5 minutes at a time to start.

Take up a new hobby. I get the impression that some form of martial arts might suit you e.g. karate.

None of these things will solve the problem on their own, but I hope they help you. I care about you. Best wishes.

Bill Robinson
      Slough

Default Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by AeonIlluminate View Post
      Heyy sorry I just need to get this off my chest

I am angry practically all the time for almost no reason whatsover. The smallest things ever cause me to burst with rage and it's getting really out of hand. I self harm and that used to kind of make me feel better but lately it has not worked at all and if anything has just made me even more angry than normal because I'm not getting the same feelings or anything that used to make me feel better when I self harmed. I stopped self harming for about a month to see if I could do without it but during that time at various angry moments I smashed glasses and ornaments, ripped pictures and posters down from the wall, tore up a lot of books and magazines and scattered them around the floor and full on chucked a chair across the room, not to mention screaming and swearing at basically everything that came near me. I also dented the wall slightly when I punched it at one point. I've always been one to get irritated quickly when things don't go my way but it's never been as bad as this. I though it was because I stopped self harming so I started doing it again and it just made me get angry. I've been snapping at everything for no reason whatsoever like the other day I was watching TV and this presenter who annoys me was on and I screamed really loudly at the TV that she should just be stabbed and then spent about another 10 minutes swearing at it. School is really bad aswell I keep doing badly on tests and stuff and I used to be quite good but now I'm barely passing anything and it's really annoying me. I honestly don't know what to do because self harm does not help at all anymore and when I get angry I just can't see that it's unjustified until later when I think back and it's like hmm that was completely pointless I'm some kind of freak haha but then just go and get really angry again.

Sorry for totally boring you with this I just need to get it out there sorry
      Why wouldn't you be angry?

We are all angry. Most of us have simply learned more and more ways to suppress, divert and distract ourselves from our anger.

What do you think most people express when they have sex? Anger. What do you think is expressed in most popular sports. Anger. What do you see in newpapers and news mostly - wars, crimes and so on - it's anger.

We are all angry. And majority of us self harm. What do you think smoking is? It's self harm. What about drinking. Self harm. What about overeating. Self harm. Undereating - the same.

Self harm does not mean cutting yourself or taking an over dose. If you really look - self harm is happening all around you. It is just happening subtlely.

We express anger in many ways: Outwardly - through, so called normal or abnormal activities. Or Inwardly - through normal or abnormal activities.

The point is not to find a normal activity outwardly or inwardly. The point is to understand that you are angry.

And you already understand that very well.

The next point is to understand - who or what - it is that is angry?

It is not you who is angry. It is the mind that is angry.

And it is in the nature of the mind to be angry and frustrated and afraid.

The key is to understand and see the mind.

Understand your own mind. There is no need to find solutions to problems that upset you when you do not know what is it - that is being upset.

It is the mind that gets upset. You are not upset. You are always free and complete. But to understand that freedom you need to understand your mind.

There is a lot of good material by these people (and many more) out there:

Eckhart Tolle, Adyashanti, Deepak Chopra, David R Hawkins, and Wayne Dyer. Start with any one of them and see where it takes you.

Welcome to the journey of self discovery.

PS: There are always doctors and medicines too. So, do not hesitate to seek professionals to help you get through.
      Last edited by Buddha; 25-04-10 at 21:21.

This could be because you are diabeticbut you just don't know it. This means that when you have high blood sugars you are angry, tiared and thursty. Though some people can continue to be diabetic for months whith out knowing and this can vary in how long it takes to feel the impacket of diabetes due to diet and physical activity. The more carbohydrates you have the higher you sugars are but protien and vegies are less carbohydrate inriched. More the physical the lower the blood sugars. If you do feel angry, tiared and really thurst you should get checked.

Register To Comment