• Register To Comment

Thread: I don't want to talk to anyone

Default I don't want to talk to anyone

I don't want to talk to anyone, especially my family. Every time I have an encounter with any family members I usually just think; 'I want to get away and be on my own' I can't work out how to change. Any ideas?

Forum Buddy
      My Mood
      Tired

Default wanting to be alone

i think it sounds like you want some space right now, and thats fine. why not just say that you need some space and it may not be forever. if these people are worth their salt, they will understand . and if and when you are ready to make contact you can. dont feel guilty.

Hi,
      thanks for your reply. I've only just read it about 20 mins ago but so far it seems to have lifted a massive weight off my shoulders. I think I'd almost completely forgot that I have the right to a bit of space. Plus if someone I'd known as a friend had told me that then it probably wouldn't have registered in my mind; I would still feel guilty for not wanting to be around people talking to me. Thanks again...
      Lipase

Forum Buddy
      My Mood
      Tired

Default lipase

take care , i hope things improve for you soon.

I agree, there is nothing wrong with needing some space. But if you do want to change your feelings about your family you should probably try to figure out what exactly bothers you about being around them--if it is just being around anyone in general, or do you feel they are judging you, etc.
      I often feel the desire to get away from my family when I'm around them, but I know it's mostly because I feel embarrassed that they know about my "problems" and I feel a bit like a black sheep.

I've been trying to figure that out, currently can't organise my thoughts well enough to make a conclusion. Just off to the doctors to inquire about counselling. I really don't know whether or not counselling is a good idea; maybe I'm best working it out on my own.

Forum Buddy
      My Mood
      Tired

Smile councelling

i had about 12 sessions of councelling, a while ago and found it to be quite helpfull. i think we are all different , its worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by lipase View Post
      I don't want to talk to anyone, especially my family. Every time I have an encounter with any family members I usually just think; 'I want to get away and be on my own' I can't work out how to change. Any ideas?
      How long have you been like this?Is it a temporary Thing or have you been like this for sometime now , People need space but if this is controlling your life now, you should seek some help , it will make you feel better, take care We all need help at sometime so dont be afraid to go.good Luck ginger

Register To Comment